Prof. Enrique Soriano is a World Bank/IFC Governance Consultant, Columnist, Book Author, former Chair of the Marketing Cluster, Program Director for Real Estate, and Professor of Global Marketing at the ATENEO Graduate School of Business.
After 33 years of combining academic work and occupying senior executive positions, Prof Soriano is currently the Executive Director of the Wong + Bernstein Group, an Asia Pacific based Strategic Advisory firm that specializes in Family Governance and Next Generation Leadership. He is also Senior Advisor at Post & Powell, a Fintech Real Estate Advisory group based in Singapore, an active member of the Singapore Institute of Directors (SID) and sits as an independent director to several publicly listed companies and Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) families in Asia. Now “living his third professional life”, his advocacy related to Innovation, Strategic Management, and Corporate Governance has made him a sought after Senior Advisor and resource speaker in International Conferences in the US, Canada, UK, ASEAN, and Africa.
Prof Soriano holds an MBA from De La Salle University, has an Executive Diploma in Directorships at the Singapore Management University. He also pursued Post Graduate Education specializing in Behavioral Finance at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and at the National University of Singapore Business School focusing on Asian Family Businesses.
Prof. Danny W. Barrenechea received his BSBA from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and his MBA at the University of San Francisco. Upon returning to the Philippines, he joined the family business, Cosmos Bottling Corporation. For 22 years in Cosmos Bottling Corporation, he worked as VP and Marketing Director and he built highly successful brands such as Pop Cola, Cheers Orange, and Sarsi.
As a family owner manager, he has firsthand knowledge of the conflicts and the dynamics in combining family relationships and business. Prof Danny was also consultant to the Chairman of Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority From 1998 to 2009. At the same time in 1998, he became a faculty at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business for the newly started Regis MBA Program. To date, he has developed new courses relevant to today’s generation and has been teaching Marketing Management, Strategic Brand Management, Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication, Strategic Management and Family Business Management. Prof Danny also took special Marketing courses at the Harvard Business School.
Prof. Federico C. Gonzalez or “Dickie” finished his BS Mechanical Engineering (Magna Cum Laude, 1964) at the De La Salle College and MS Industrial Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1966), where he gained his systems, engineering and technology foundations.
His corporate management life started with his being an operations research trainee at Mobil East (NY) Corp. in 1966 and included:
- President/CEO, San Miguel Properties, Inc. (real estate arm of the SMC Group, handling real estate asset management and disposition), Oct.1, 1990 – Dec.31, 1998;
- President & Vice Chairman, Home Insurance and Guaranty Corp. (HIGC – the government housing agency mandated to offer credit insurance to government and private funders of housing projects and mortgages), to which Pres. Cory Aquino appointed Dickie as CEO; this required him to implement major organizational changes and financial rehabilitation in the post-Marcos years, April 1986 – February 1990.
Corporate advisory has always been an activity in Dickie’s professional life, in addition to corporate management. Some of his advisory assignments are:
- The AVEGON electrical manufacturing venture, which he was nominated as COO;
- A Meycauayan-based enterprise (wet/dry market, real estate, tannery), to which the Court appointed him as receiver to settle ongoing family disputes that threatened to pull down the business;
- A family-owned agricultural commodities manufacturing and trading company that has ownership and management issues;
- A family owned real estate company with ownership and management issues, to which Dickie provides strategy, business and governance advise.
La Sallian to the core (GS’55, HS’59, College’64), he has also been a dedicated teacher, full-time and part-time at various stages, in the College of Engineering, Graduate School of Business, and College of Computer Studies; his first assignment was in the Mechanical Engineering Department, COE, in 1968.
On his advocacy and academic career, Dickie has developed a passion for Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation, which he has been researching, training, mentoring and consulting since 2005.
Mr. Attila Vajda finished his BA Faculty of Economics at the University of Oradea, Romania.
Few of his awards include:
- CFA Charterholder since 2013
- Best Salesperson in Vietnam at the 2011 AsiaMoney Brokers Poll
- Won Best Overall Sales Services
- Won Best Execution with own team
He is the Founder and Managing Director at the Project Asia Research & Consulting Pte. Ltd. (March 2014 – present), where he is currently handling active projects in Energy, Healthcare, Financial and Retail Industries.
Some of his past corporate engagements include:
- Head of Institutional Clients at ACB Securities Company Ltd. (May 2008 – March 2014). He set up the Institutional Clients Department compromising of Institutional Sales and Trading teams. He hand picked, trained and managed 14 brokers. He developed and enforced institutional sales strategy, built risk policy. He had overseen the equity trading activities of the institutional clients. He tripled the client base of the firm over a period of 5 years and assembled quarterly stock baskets for global Investment Banks.
- Global Program Coordinator at DHL Global CUstomer Solutions (Singapore, November 2006 – May 2008). He was the one who managed the after sales activities for a portfolio of global customers in the Life Science and Technology Industries. He implemented and managed regional solutions and programs for global clients in the Asia Pacific Region.
The Managing Director of W+B Energy, Engr. Remigio Joseph A. De Ungria Jr., ChE, ME, MBA, has valuable niche expertise in energy optimization that many Philippine companies need to control and reduce their power cost amidst the on-going transition to a deregulated retail electricity market.
He has a successful track record in the executive positions he has held with top Philippine companies such as COO of Moldex Products, SVP of Citistores, Country Marketing Manager of Philips Electronics and Lighting and AVP of Waltermart Supermarkets and Community Malls.
After completing his Chemical and Mechanical Engineering degrees from UP in 1986 and 1988 respectively, he completed his MBA degree from Ateneo in 1994, his Marketing Communications degree from DLSU in 2002 and his Certified Digital Marketing degree from the IMMAP Ateneo in 2011.
His unique competencies in igniting and coaching corporate and individual transformations has been tested, refined and sharpened during his almost 3 decades of simultaneous engagement with industry and academe as Professor.
He started his professional career as the only Technical Management Trainee selected in 1988 by Unilever Philippines. He has been directly responsible for the technical operations of an Oil Refinery, a Sulphonation Plant, a Ready Mixed Concrete Batching Plant and a PVC and PE Pipes Factory.
Because of his unique blend of technical, marketing and communication skills, he has been frequently selected as the company representative to various mission-critical legal, regulatory and industry activities particularly during major industry upheavals which he directly participated in 7 industries: real estate, retail petroleum, oleochemical, cement, lighting, pipes and retail electricity markets.
Marc Schadeli is the Founder & CEO of The Consulting Group AG (TCG), offering high-value enterprise risk management consulting services. His extensive Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) expertise includes Loss Prevention, Business Continuity, Captive Management, and Risk Financing. He is an experienced risk assessment facilitator for 750+ businesses and/or projects. During his 20 years in risk management, he supported General Management and the Board of Directors, helping them to make sound risk-based decisions to implement their strategic plans.
Prior to creating TCG, Marc was Head of Group Risk Management at Nestlé, and initiated and coordinated the first global loss prevention program in 730 sites visited across 86 countries and implemented Business Continuity Management throughout the organization. Marc also worked also for Zurich Insurance and provided consulting services in consumer research as well as technical advisory services. He holds a degree in Food Process Engineering from the Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, with specialization in Milk Technology.
Robert San Luis is a trusted advisor, successful investor and sought after investment consultant with a decade of experience as a personal financial planner for high net worth individuals, in addition to his diverse investment background dealing with passive income, retirement planning and exclusive income producing investment opportunities. He is also a best-selling author of the book, “Wealth Without Wall Street: Seven Keys to An Early Retirement”, with investors seeking better ideas and strategies for achieving financial independence and a prosperous retirement. The Same trademark and his brand, Wealth Without Wall Street, also provide a website featuring blogs and non-downloadable publications in the nature of articles in the field(s) of personal finance, investing, real estate and entrepreneurship.
He received his B.A. of Business Administration from Baylor University in Waco, Texas. Aside from his diverse investment background, Robert has twenty five years of experience in the field of real estate investment, with expertise in manufactured housing communities. His personal motto is “Aspire to Excellence in all Things.” with a passion for leading driven individuals to achieving their desire for financial security and prosperity.